Operations and Supply Chain Strategies
NMIMS Assignment June 2020
- 1st Semester NMIMS June 2020 – Rs. 3000/- Only
- 2nd Semester NMIMS June 2020 – Rs. 3000/- Only
- 3rd Semester NMIMS June 2020 – Rs. 3000/- Only
- 4th Semester NMIMS June 2020 – Rs. 2500/- Only
1. A beverage company based in United Kingdom is selling smoothies from pure raw fruit ingredients. It is been for a long time in UK with its revenues growing from $ 50 mn to $ 500 mn. It has decided to enter into Indian market. The company has plan to procure material from various geographies of potential suppliers. Suggest an entry strategy, procurement planning and operations excellence.
2. A successful startup in India is into the customized bed solutions with focus on health to correct lifestyle disorders in travelling. It wants to expand its footprint PAN India by setting up its operations. Design a strategic approach to different aspects of the business it needs to follow for an effective logistics and supply chain strategies keeping in creating demand and servicing the market. (10 Marks)
3. The company ZINKO industries Ltd is a major B2B player and is a family managed in the Mumbai and want to expand its chemical business. The company is wanting to move into the B2C business and need to have the business plan with key focus on operations and supply chain strategies for chemical business. The company wants to produce pack sizes ranging from, 500 ml, 1 liter and 5 liter packs for the B2C market. The company wanted to have product differentiation to scale up its operations.
a. Describe what kind of operations and supply chain strategies the company need to follow and market entry, expansion and development strategies. (5 Marks)
b. What are the strategies that will help the company to achieve business success and growth excellence? (5 Marks)