Pulp and Paper MCQ Set 1
1. Pulp washers are also known as ‘Black stock washers’.
2. Pulp washers use counter-current flow between stages such that the pulp moves opposite in direction to the flow of wash water.
3. Following the reason behind the removal of lignin in Pulp washers:-
a) To reduce bleaching chemical demand
b) To increase bleaching chemical demand
c) To maintain constant bleaching chemical demand
d) To freeze bleaching chemical demand
4. The dilution factor is a measure amount of ___________ used in washing.
5. Following is the way to calculate dilution factor:-
a) Mass of water per unit mass of dry pulp
b) Mass of acid per unit mass of dry pulp
c) Mass of buffer solution per unit mass of dry pulp
d) Mass of base per unit mass of dry pulp
6. Low dilution factor ___________ the energy requirements of the multiple effects evaporators.
7. The soda loss in pulp is traditionally measured as ___________ pulp on a Na2SO4 basis.
8. A ___________ is used to siphon the water from the washer so that a vacuum pump is not usually required.
a) Drop hand
b) Drop leg
c) Drop finger
d) Drop thumb
9. The vacuum supplied by drop leg for the first stage is of range ___________
10. Drop leg is ideally a vertical drop. It’s horizontal section is a needed, and it should be exactly horizontally placed at least __________m below the washer.
Pulp and Paper MCQ Set 2
1. Pulp consists of 2 things which are, wood and the libocellulosic materials that are broken down physically and chemically.
2. Which are 4 broad categories of pupling processes?
a) Chemical, semi-chemical, chemi-mechanical, and mechanical
b) Qualitative , semi-chemical, chemi-mechanical, and mechanical
c) Quantitative, semi-chemical, chemi-mechanical, and thermal
d) Isentropic, semi-chemical, chemi-mechanical, and mechanical
3. Wood-free pulps contain no mechanical pulp or contains pulp subjected to a min. refining.
4. ____________ is the process whereby the pulp is separated from large shives, knots, and etc.
5. ___________ are small finer bundles of fibers that have not been separated into individual fibers during the pulping process.
6. Which process is used to treat all types of woods for pulping process?
a) Mechanical pulping
b) Neutral-sulfite semi-chemical(N.S.S.C.)
c) Kraft process
d) Chemical mechanical pulping
7. How to calculate the total yield?
a) Screening (%) + Screened yield (%)
b) Dry solid mass (%) + Screened yield (%)
c) Screening (%) + Slurry mass (%)
d) Dry product mass out (%) + Dry product mass in (%)
8. How to calculate consistency?
a) (Dry solid mass) (slurry mass)-1 x 100
b) (Dry solid mass)-1 (slurry mass) x 100
c) (Dry solid mass) (slurry mass)-2 x 100
d) (Dry solid mass)-2 (slurry mass) x 100
9. How to calculate yield %?
a) (Dry product mass out) (Dry product mass in)-1 x 100
b) (Dry product mass out)-1 (Dry product mass out) x 100
c) (Dry product mass out) (Dry product mass out)-2 x 100
d) (Dry product mass out)-2 (Dry product mass out) x 100
10. Chemical pulping yields individual fibers that are not cut and give strong papers because of ________ as it interferes with hydrogen bonding is largely removed.
Pulp and Paper MCQ Set 3
1. _________ is the mixture of pulp, fillers, and other papermaking materials, and water.
2. _________ consists of paper trimmings and waste, paper not upto the level, and other paper that’s often re-used in the paper mill.
3. _________ are materials used to improvise the finished paper itself or aid in the papermaking process.
4. Functional additives like dyes, internal sizing agents, adhesives to increase wet or dry strength, and fillers are used to improve or impart some qualities to the paper product.
5. Control additives like biocides, drainage aids, retention aids, pitch control agents, and de-foamers are added to upgrade the_________ but don’t directly affect the _________
a) Kraft process and product
b) Pulp extraction process and product
c) Paper making process and product
d) Lignin extraction process and product
6. A lot of additives have different effects at the same time; for example, alum is required for rosin sizing under acid situations but also serves as a drainage and retention aid.
7. _________ are expensive chemicals that must be utilized at exact levels, so they are usually metered into the system from +ve displacement metering pumps.
a) Liquid additives
b) Control additives
8. Like most positive displacement pumps, the use of appropriate filters in front of the pump inlet to keep the pump from fouling by blocking the _________ valves in an open position.
d) Air pressure
9. It is often more effective to pump _________ ambient pressure. Use of flow measurement device of some sort to insure flow of each additive.
10. _________ is a paper filler and a coating pigment which is of excellent opacity and bright.
Pulp and Paper MCQ Set 4
1. The purpose of the recovery boiler is to recover the inorganic chemicals as smelt, burn the organic chemicals so they are not discharge from the mill as pollutants, and recover the heat of combustion in the form of heat.
2. There are three zones in recovery boilers; which are as follows in top to bottom order?
a) Oxidation, drying and reducing zone
b) Reducing, drying and oxidation zone
c) Drying, oxidation and reducing zone
d) Drying, reducing and oxidation zone
3. What is the full form of ESP in Recovery boiler?
a) Emergency shutdown point
b) Emergency shutdown procedure
c) Emergency start procedure
d) Emergency shared procedure
4. The newest recovery boilers may support 2500-3000 tons of pulp production per day.
5. Which of the following is the chemical react. in the recovery boiler in addition to combustion?
a) 2NaOH + CO2U → Na2CO2+H2O and Na2SO2 +4C ↔ 6Na2S + 4CO
b) 2NaOH + CO2 → Na2CO2 and Na2SO2+4C ↔ 4CO
c) 2NaOH + CO2 → Na2CO2+H2O2 and Na2SO2+4C ↔ Na2S +4CO2
d) 2NaOH + CO2 → Na2CO2+H2O and Na2SO2+4C ↔ Na2S +4CO
6. Which of the following is the reaction which takes place in the Oxidation zone in the Recovery Boiler?
a) CO+1/2O2 → CO2
b) Organics →C+CO+H2
c) C+H2O → CO+ H2
d) 2C+ O2→2CO
7. Which of the following is the reaction which takes place in the Drying zone in the Recovery Boiler?
a) Organics→C+CO+ H2
b) CO+1/2 O2→ CO2
c) C+ H2O→CO+ H2
d) 2C+ O2→2CO
8. Which of the following is the reaction which takes place in the Reduction zone in the Recovery Boiler?
a) Na2SO2+4C→Na2S+4 CO
b) 2C+ O2→2CO
c) CO+1/2 O2→CO2
d) H2S+1/2 O2→SO2+ H2O
9. Fill in the blank.
thermal efficiency =(__________)/total heat input
a) steam to heat
b) heat to steam
c) heat recovery
10. What is cogeneration?
a) Producing electricity from steam
b) Producing steam from electricity
c) Producing light from steam
d) Producing power from steam
Pulp and Paper MCQ Set 5
1. Pulp refining is a chemical treatment process of pulp fibers to evolve their papermaking properties in which paper properties depend on the product being made.
2. __________ is the production of rough surfaces on fibers by mechanical action; refiners break the outer layer of fibers and the secondary cell wall to protrude from the fiber surfaces.
c) Fiber cutting
d) Fiber brushing
3. A __________ is an early device used to treat pulp to improve the papermaking properties.
d) Spreader cone
4. What are the 2 types of refiners in refining?
a) Cubical and cuboidal
b) Circular and triangular
c) Disk and conical
d) Conical and circular
5. Refiners are machines that mechanically macerate and/or cut pulp fibers prior to making them into paper.
6. What is the name of the part?
a) Cutting coarse bar
b) Double disk refiner
c) Twin flow refiners
d) Food processing
7. Fill in the blank.
__________= (Li X ∑ Wi)/ (∑ Wi)
a) Mass average length
b) Weight average length
c) Power average momentum
d) Work done average power
8. Fill in the blank.
__________= (∑ Ni X Li)/ (∑ Ni)
a) Pulp average processed
b) Mass average processed
c) Weight average processed
d) Number average length
9. __________ is a measure of the power input to the motors of the refiner based on the amount of pulp processed. It’s an indirect measure of the energy spent in cutting.
a) Refining power
b) Actualization power
c) Compartmentalization power
d) Degree power
10. In __________ both the burst and tear strengths are crucial, although increment in refining to raise the burst strength leads to less tear strength.
a) Brown paper bag
c) Black paper bag
d) Carton bag
Synopsis and Project Report
You can buy synopsis and project from distpub.com. Just visit https://distpub.com/product-category/projects/ and buy your university/institute project from distpub.com