1. What is a view?
a) An brief description of the schema diagram.
b) A relation that is not a part of the schema but is a virtual relation
c) Any relation that is a part of the schema
d) A relation that is a part of the schema but which needs to be specified in every operation made on that particular relation.
2. What is the command used to define view in SQL?
a) define view
b) new view
c) create view
d) none of the mentioned
3. create view studentdet
select ID, address, name
What is the result of the above query?
a) It creates a view named studentdet with 3 attributes
b) It creates a view named studentdet with 1 attribute
c) It creates a view named ID with 2 attributes
d) It is syntactically wrong and does not give a result
4. State true or false: One view can be used in the expression defining another view
5. If the actual relations used in the view definition change, the view is updated immediately. Such views are called _________
a) Instant views
b) Instantaneous views
c) Materialistic views
d) Materialized views
6. The process of maintaining views up to date is called _________
a) View maintenance
b) View updating
c) View materialization
d) View isolation
7. How can we insert data into a view?
a) insert into
b) create data
d) insert into
8. State true or false: We can update a view if it has multiple database relations in the from clause
9. The _______ statement makes the updates performed by the transaction permanent.
a) Finalize work
b) Finish work
c) Commit work
d) None of the mentioned
10. The _______ statement causes the statements to undo all the updates performed on the transaction
a) Undo work
b) Rollback work
c) Commit work
d) Replace work