NMIMS Solution for Dec 20
Note: You have to edit 10-20% before submission for avoid copy case. Why need
1. Study and prepare the sales management structure of any 2 FMCG Companies of your choice.
2. You are the territory sales manager of Eureka Forbes water purifiers. You have 3 new recruits under you. Help them prepare a sales plan. (10 Marks)
3. ABC Co. is into selling of skincare products. Since it is new, it is aggressively selling its products to the markets in which it operates. There is a lot of competition in the market and so the Co. has to continuously come up with different innovative ways in which it can make its presence felt. The Salesmen are having high sales targets and being pressurized to perform well. Amidst this, an existing brand has also branched out into the same range of skincare products and gaining good customer footfall as they are already well known in the market. ABC Co. is not just losing out on its customer base but also on its sales personnel.
a. Analyze the case and explain what could be the probable reasons for the employees leaving the organization. (5 Marks)
b. What according to you should be the right way to motivate these employees into staying with the company? (5 Marks)
Sep NMIMS Assignment 2020
1. Pricing plays an important role in selling a product in the market and to build up Brands, please help a company selling soaps and shampoos to frame their pricing policy keeping in mind their brand positioning. Support the answer with examples
2. What is your understanding of the qualities of a sales executive , how does a effectives sales executive contributes to increasing market share for a company?
3. CASE STUDY – Maggi noodles
Case : Maggi Noddles
Maggi Noodles was launched in 1982 by Nestle India Limited as ‘Maggi 2-Minute Instant Noodles’ under the prepared dishes category. Since then, Nestle has stood its ground firmly in India, by setting its foundation as a well-known brand offering solutions to customers’ wants in different segments.
Maggi noodles is one of those brand names for which the quote “I came, I was, I conquered’ is apt. The brand replaced favourite Indian desi snacks such as Samos’s and kachoris with a hot bowl of Maggi Noodles.
Maggi used the tagline of ‘fast to cook, good to eat’ to woo Indians in the early eighties. Maggy understood the consumer’s inertia and apathy to try new things. Indian consumers, at that time, were exhibiting interest in Chinese noodles, and Maggi launched its noodles to take advantage of this craze. It offered convenience to the housewife and at the same time did not undermine her involvement with the kids. The masala flavour, made its way in to the minds of the consumers and Maggi found a place in the monthly budget plan of a household.
The use of brand elements such as its tagline ‘Fast to cook and good to eat’ and its catchy jingle, ‘Mummy bhook lagi hai’ (Mummy I am hungry) helped in positioning the brand in the minds of its customers Maggi targeted mothers with the convenience it offered and children with the fun element. The advertising campaign was followed by promotional activities such as trial pack distribution in schools.
a. Outline the journey of Maggi in retaining its Brand position in India (5 Marks)
b. How does the advertising campaigns and brand elements help the product in retaining market share? (5 Marks)