Details about this project report
Total Pages = 58
Format – DOCX
Synopsis – NO
Viva Example Question – NO
Suitable for Distance Learning management program.
This Project report is suitable for NMIMS distance learning courses. You can also customize for others university like ignou mba bba courses, scdl distance courses, isbm,imt cdl courses, amity distance learning courses and others university/institute courses.
Table of Content
- No. Chapters Particulars Page No.
1 – Acknowledgement 3
2 1 Objectives of the Project 4
3 2 Scope of the Project 5
4 3 Executive Summary 6
5 4 Methodology 8
6 5 Data Collection and Analysis 12
7 6 Finding 46
8 7 Conclusion 49
9 8 Recommendations 50
10 – Bibliography 51
11 – Appendices 52
Chapter 1: Objectives of the Project
- To review the performance for team member over a given period of time.
- To analysis the gap between the actual and the desired performance.
- To help the management for organizational control.
- Helps to relationship strength and communication between team member
- To diagnose the strengths and weaknesses for team member.
- To provide feedback to the team member regarding their past performance.
- Provide information for help in the other personal decisions in the organization.
- Provide clarity of the expectations and responsibilities for team member.
- To judge the effectiveness of the other hr functions of the organization such as recruitment, selection, training and development.
- To reduce the team member grievances.
Performance Management, Concepts, Practices and Strategies for Organization success by S. K. Bhatia, Deep & Deep Publications Pvt. Ltd, 2008
Human Resource Management by S. Seetharaman & B. Venkateswara Prasad, Scitech Publication, 2007
Kothari, C.R., Research Methodology – Methods & Techniques , New Delhi, New Age international (P) Ltd., Publishers, Second Edition,2004
Statistical Methods for Management, By P.N. Arora & S. Arora New Delhi, Sultan Chand & Sons Publishers, 2005
As you know, with Liberalisation and Globalisation our economy is opening up to severe competition both internally and externally. In its wake competitiveness assumes immense importance.
To become competitive, optimization of all resources particularly effective market strategies has become the key word. Productivity and Satisfaction of the employees and consumers has become one of the prime concerns of all managers so that the output can be maximized with least inputs.
As part of my ***PGDBM, I have chosen the project objective as “Performance Appraisal System in Credit Suisse” For this; I am interested in getting your valuable responses to the Questionnaire that follow.
All responses to the Questionnaire are to be utilized only for this project and also in an aggregated form. It is not necessary for you to reveal your identity should you desire. However, it is of utmost importance that your responses are frank, forthright and reflect your true opinion. Specifically, I seek your kind co-operation in adhering to the following points:
1. Please give your responses to all Questions / Statements and do not leave any of them blank.
2. Please tick mark () your response in only one of the columns against each Question / Statement.
3. There is no right or wrong responses to the Questions / Statements that follow in the Questionnaire. What is important is your own personal frank and forthright opinion on various aspects.
Please tick mark () your response in one of the columns only.
Gender : ( ) Male Female ( )
Age group : ( ) 20 – 30
( ) 31 – 40
( ) 41 – 50
( ) 51 – 60
Experience : ( ) Less than 3 years
( ) 4-8 Years
( ) 9 – 15 Years
( ) More than 15 Years
Qualification : ________________
1. How many times dose performance appraisal takes place in your organization?
a) Once a year
b) Twice a year
c) No specific time
2. What is the reason for conducting performance appraisal in your organization?
a) To identify motivating methods
b) To decide monetary benefits
c) Identifying barriers of performance
d) All of the above
3. When is the performance appraisal conducted?
a) During working hours
b) During non-working hours
4. Who conducts performance appraisal?
5. Are you informed the reason for conducting performance appraisal programs?
6. How many meetings are scheduled in a year to discuss employee performance?
7. Does the performance appraisal programs relate to organizational goals?
a) To a high extent
b) To some extent
c) To a low extent
8. Are you involved along with the manager in designing the appraisal system at the organization?
9. Are the performance appraisal developed in relevance to employee job?
a) Highly relevant
c) No idea
e) Highly irrelevant
10. Do you share your opinion and suggestions freely to the managers during the appraisal program?
11. Are you given training of how to fill up performance appraisal forms?
12. Is the appraiser aware of your job responsibilities and duties?
a) Completely aware
b) Aware to an extent
c) Not aware
13. Other than performance appraisal does your superior provide you with informal feedbacks for performance improvement?
14. Are the raters involved while appraising employees?
a) Highly involved
b) Less involved
c) Not involved
15. Do you feel that performance appraisal is important in an organization?
a) Highly important
b) Less important
c) Not important
b) No idea
16. Is performance appraisal properly executed in your organization?
17. Does top management support and encourage performance appraisal?
a) Highly supportive
b) Less supportive
c) Not supportive
18. Is the performance appraisal reviewed and updated now and then?
19. Does performance appraisal identify employee potential for advancement?
a) Highly effectively
d) In effectively
e) Highly ineffectively
20. Sate your satisfaction through the performance appraisal program at the organization?
b) Needs Improvement
c) Meets Expectations
21. Do you feel that performance appraisal encourages you to put in more effort in reaching your goals?
a) Strongly agree
e) Strongly disagree
22. Do you obtain appraisal feed back?
23. Are both five & negative points discussed to the employees?
24. How do you feel when negative points are discussed?
b) Determined to perform better
c) Ready to learn
d) Do not want to contribute
25. Rate your appraisal program
26. Do you feel comfortable in discussing your problems with your superior?
a) Highly Comfortable
e) Highly uncomfortable
27. On what criteria is employee performance rated?
a) Based on abilities and skills
b) Based on management reference
c) Based on superiority
d) Based on contribution
28. What changes have been taken in the organization as a result of performance appraisal?
a) Change in motivating strategy
b) Re-structuring of organization or individual objectives
c) Improvement in management-employee relationship
d) Making changes in dis-satisfied areas
e) No decision taken
29. In general, how effective has your organization performance appraisal system in improving overall performance
a) Highly ineffective
e) Highly effective