MS63 Product Management
1. What is a product? Taking the example of refrigerator, explain the anatomy of the product i.e. the core benefits, tangible specifications, and augmented features.
2. Taking the example of packaged fruit juices, explain how you can generate new product ideas using attribute analysis.
3. Briefly explain the concept of Product Life Cycle (PLC).Do all the products follow the bell shaped curve of PLC? Discuss giving suitable examples.
4. What do you understand by the term ‘product positioning’? Describe the alternative basis of positioning that you can apply for a tooth paste.
5. Discuss the various functions that packaging performs in marketing of cooking oil.
6. What are the objectives of test marketing? Taking any new product of your choice explain how you would go about its test marketing.