Management Functions and Behaviour
Buy MS01 Latest ignou Assignment individual subject @ Rs. 250/- or buy complete assignment solution of 1st semester solution
1. What are the essential components of a System? How does inter-relationship of the sub-system affect the functioning and processes of an organization. Explain with the example known to you or you are familiar with. Briefly describe the context and the system you are referring to.
2. Briefly discuss the process and significance of formulation of strategy, policies, and procedures in the life of an organization. Support your reply with your experience or the one you are aware of. Briefly discuss the nature and functioning of the organization, you are referring to.
3. Why are changes always resisted in an organizational set up? Briefly describe the Evolutionary and Revolutionary Changes in the organizational context, and their relationship with the Age and the Size of the organization. Explain with suitable example you are aware of. Briefly describe the organization and the context you are referring to.
4. Define and describe the dynamics of Group formation. Briefly explain the types and role of groups in a formal organizational set up. Explain with your organizational experience, or the ones you are aware of. Describe the situation and the organization you are referring to.
Previous Year Solution of MS01
- “Every individual’s behavior is initiated because of some needs, drives, and desires and is directed towards achievement of goals. These needs and drives motivate a man to action. The manager’s attempt should be to influence these needs, desires or motives towards the achievement of organizational objectives.” Elaborate this statement and discuss the underlying concept with suitable examples from your own experience or the ones you are aware of. Please identify the context, you are referring to.
- Identify some of the factors that contribute to the uniqueness of each organization. Describe the process through which tradition and customs are maintained in any organization. Explain with suitable examples you are aware of. Identify the organization you are referring to.
- Distinguish between delegation, decentralization and centralization as they relate to the authority by in an organizational situation. Draw from the experience you have or you are aware of in organizational set up. Briefly describe the organization and situation you are referring to.
- Briefly describe various leadership styles. Is leadership a process of shared influence on the work group? Explain with the help of the examples and/or organizational cases you are aware of/familiar with. Briefly describe the organization and the context, you are referring to.
FAQ and Previous Year Sample
Answer: You can buy ignou from DistPub.com from credit card/debit card/net banking. You can also pay through paytm on 999 000 4135 @ Rs. 250 for MS01 – TO MS10 and send email to email@example.com
Yes, you can see sample for previous year as per below. This is 1st few para of each answer.
Answer: A system is defined as a sum total of individuals but inter related parts and are put together according to a specific scheme or plan to achieve the pre stated objectives. It is an association of inter related and inter dependent parts. The system approach to management represents an approach to solving problems by diagnosing them within a framework of inputs, transformation processes, outputs and feedback.
In a system inputs are physical, human, material and information resources that enter a transformation process. Transformation process comprises the technologies used to convert inputs to outputs. Outputs are the original inputs as changed by the transformation process. Feedback is information about a systems status and performance. ..contd..
Answer: These days most of the important decisions in any large organization are taken by a group of people,, whether they are Board of Directors, Committees, Task forces, etc., rather than by an individual manager. This is irrespective of the abilities or competencies of the manager. This is because gradually organizations are moving away from the individual manager run business model to a more systems oriented one, where the organizations develops its own personality, its own style and philosophy. So, the organizations rather than becoming a reflection of the personality and the style of the CEO, maintains some consistency in image and functioning. Also, it is assumed that more people taking critical decisions together imply a thorough investigation and analysis of the situation rather than being tied down by an individual’s biases.
Advantages of group decision making are:
Answer: Change is driven by factors within the enterprise itself, such as the wish to reposition the enterprise within a market, or to implement a new business model, to merge with another enterprise, or to expand into a new market, Change is driven by factors external to the company, such as market rivalry, disruptive technologies, demographic changes and new government regulations
Generally, Organizational change may occur quickly or slowly. So we can say that organizational changes into two types–revolutionary and evolutionary.
The purpose of a management process is to ensure a disciplined and consistent approach to analysis and decision making. They facilitate the use of a logical thought process that is consistent with the objectives of the firm. The capital budgeting process for example, is based on financial market disciplines that encourage wise investment.
Product planning is focused on both creating customer value and realising the benefits of new products for the firm’s investors, not one or the other.