Management Functions and Behaviour
IGNOU 2023 solution
Buy MS01 Latest ignou Assignment individual subject @ Rs. 250/- or buy complete assignment solution of 1st semester solution
(Last date of submission for January 2023 session is 30th April, 2023 and for July 2023 sessions is 31st October, 2023)
1. Briefly discuss different tasks of a professional manager in order to achieve goals and objectives of an organisation.
2. Briefly describe the evolution and need of ‘Management by Objectives’ (MBO) and it’s process. Discuss the benefits of MBO and how effectively it can be implemented in an organisation, citing examples.
3. Describe and discuss the factors influencing the choice of structure in an organisation. Explain how organizational structure can be integrated with organizational objectives with examples.
4. How does ‘controlling’ play as an important function in an organisation? Explain the strategies to be used by organisation to exercise control, with examples.
5. Explain the determinants of Interpersonal Behaviour. Identify the skills required for developing interpersonal relationship to be an effective Manager.
1. Briefly discuss the various tasks and responsibilities a manger has to perform in an organisational set up.
2. What is MBO? Briefly describe the process of MBO and it’s benefits. Discuss the relevance of MBO in the present day context of organisations.
3. Briefly discuss and describe the process of organisational change as per Kurt Lewin. Explain the factors for resistance to change and the strategies to be used for implementing change.
4. Describe the process of conflict and discuss the impact of conflict in organizations. Give examples.
5. Briefly discuss the determinants of interpersonal behaviour and explain how to develop the skill for having an effective interpersonal relationship.
Q1. What are the pre-conditions/ pre-requisites for institutionalizing effective control in an organisation? What are the options available to the organizations in exercising control? Explain with suitable examples and experiences from the organization you have been working with or you are aware of. Briefly describe the organization and the context you are referring to.
Q2. What is the relevance of Johari Window Model in developing interpersonal skills? Briefly explain the stages of relationship development. Explain with your own experience in the organization/ system you have been working in / familiar with. Briefly discuss the organization and the situations you are referring to.
Q3. What is the relevance and utility of the concepts viz; Mission, Objectives, Strategy and Policies in day-to-day functioning of an organisation. Critically explain as to how these concepts influence the extent of applicability and level of compliance of these concepts in the behavioral dynamics of the oragnisation, with the experience you have had in the organizational situations or the ones you are aware of. Briefly explain the history and evolutionary road map of the organization you are referring to.
Q4. Is MBO still relevant in organizational set up in the present day business environment? Briefly discuss the process involved in it. Does it add any value to organizational functioning and effectiveness? If yes, how? Explain with examples from your experience in the organization you have been working in or the ones you are aware of. Briefly describe the structure of the organization you are referring to.
1. What are the essential components of a System? How does inter-relationship of the sub-system affect the functioning and processes of an organization. Explain with the example known to you or you are familiar with. Briefly describe the context and the system you are referring to.
2. Briefly discuss the process and significance of formulation of strategy, policies, and procedures in the life of an organization. Support your reply with your experience or the one you are aware of. Briefly discuss the nature and functioning of the organization, you are referring to.
3. Why are changes always resisted in an organizational set up? Briefly describe the Evolutionary and Revolutionary Changes in the organizational context, and their relationship with the Age and the Size of the organization. Explain with suitable example you are aware of. Briefly describe the organization and the context you are referring to.
4. Define and describe the dynamics of Group formation. Briefly explain the types and role of groups in a formal organizational set up. Explain with your organizational experience, or the ones you are aware of. Describe the situation and the organization you are referring to.
Previous Year Solution of MS01
- “Every individual’s behavior is initiated because of some needs, drives, and desires and is directed towards achievement of goals. These needs and drives motivate a man to action. The manager’s attempt should be to influence these needs, desires or motives towards the achievement of organizational objectives.” Elaborate this statement and discuss the underlying concept with suitable examples from your own experience or the ones you are aware of. Please identify the context, you are referring to.
- Identify some of the factors that contribute to the uniqueness of each organization. Describe the process through which tradition and customs are maintained in any organization. Explain with suitable examples you are aware of. Identify the organization you are referring to.
- Distinguish between delegation, decentralization and centralization as they relate to the authority by in an organizational situation. Draw from the experience you have or you are aware of in organizational set up. Briefly describe the organization and situation you are referring to.
- Briefly describe various leadership styles. Is leadership a process of shared influence on the work group? Explain with the help of the examples and/or organizational cases you are aware of/familiar with. Briefly describe the organization and the context, you are referring to.
FAQ and Previous Year Sample
Answer: You can buy ignou from DistPub.com from credit card/debit card/net banking. You can also pay through paytm on 999 000 4135 @ Rs. 250 for MS01 – TO MS10 and send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes, you can see sample for previous year as per below. This is 1st few para of each answer.
Answer: A system is defined as a sum total of individuals but inter related parts and are put together according to a specific scheme or plan to achieve the pre stated objectives. It is an association of inter related and inter dependent parts. The system approach to management represents an approach to solving problems by diagnosing them within a framework of inputs, transformation processes, outputs and feedback.
In a system inputs are physical, human, material and information resources that enter a transformation process. Transformation process comprises the technologies used to convert inputs to outputs. Outputs are the original inputs as changed by the transformation process. Feedback is information about a systems status and performance. ..contd..
Answer: These days most of the important decisions in any large organization are taken by a group of people,, whether they are Board of Directors, Committees, Task forces, etc., rather than by an individual manager. This is irrespective of the abilities or competencies of the manager. This is because gradually organizations are moving away from the individual manager run business model to a more systems oriented one, where the organizations develops its own personality, its own style and philosophy. So, the organizations rather than becoming a reflection of the personality and the style of the CEO, maintains some consistency in image and functioning. Also, it is assumed that more people taking critical decisions together imply a thorough investigation and analysis of the situation rather than being tied down by an individual’s biases.
Advantages of group decision making are:
Answer: Change is driven by factors within the enterprise itself, such as the wish to reposition the enterprise within a market, or to implement a new business model, to merge with another enterprise, or to expand into a new market, Change is driven by factors external to the company, such as market rivalry, disruptive technologies, demographic changes and new government regulations
Generally, Organizational change may occur quickly or slowly. So we can say that organizational changes into two types–revolutionary and evolutionary.
The purpose of a management process is to ensure a disciplined and consistent approach to analysis and decision making. They facilitate the use of a logical thought process that is consistent with the objectives of the firm. The capital budgeting process for example, is based on financial market disciplines that encourage wise investment.
Product planning is focused on both creating customer value and realising the benefits of new products for the firm’s investors, not one or the other.