MS NMIMS Solution for Dec 20
Note: You have to edit 10-20% before submission for avoid copy case. Why need
1. Taking apt examples for every stage, explain the evolution of stages of marketing era? (10 Marks)
2. Tata Group has various business units under it also called as strategic business units. Study the business units under tata group and explain importance of SBU’s along with the different levels of strategy. (10 Marks)
3. ABC Co. is into manufacturing of Garments for the Indian market.
a. If you are the manager there, what according to you would be the issues that you will face while making strategic business decisions? (5 Marks)
b. What would be the paradigm shift in your marketing strategies? (5 Marks)
MS NMIMS June 2020
Q1. The Finance Minister, India announced reduction in corporate tax rates in Sep-2019. Why is it important for companies in Indian Manufacturing sector, and what are 5 ways (with examples of companies) in which leading companies in the sector can benefit from the development from the point of view of Marketing Strategy?
Q2. Customer buying behaviour plays an important role in Marketing Strategy, and is affected by four key factors/influences/characteristics. You are working as a Marketing Strategy Consultant. Help your clients by identifying and explaining the major influences on buying behaviour with reasons for application in brand communication/ promotion for the following products/companies/places: (1) Statue of Unity, (2) Netflix India.
Q3. Ravi, a fifth generation entrepreneur, hails from a family with expertise in food and beverages industry. Ravi founded ‘XYZ F&B’ in 2020 with a vision to launch and build the first Indian billion-dollar brand in premium chocolates, and feature among top 3 international brands in the same category by 2030. Ravi has hired you as a consultant.
a. Explain various stages and their characteristics in an industry life cycle, with specific comments regarding the current stage of premium chocolates industry in India.
b. There are 5 key ways to identify competitive advantages for a brand/ differentiate from other brands, as a part of differentiation and positioning strategy; explain these with suggestions in context of ‘XYZ F&B’, and suggest a positioning strategy for ‘XYZ F&B’.
Previous Sem NMIMS Assignment Answer
- Identify and explain the four key factors/characteristics affecting customer buying behaviour, specifically for developing product/pricing/distribution/promotion strategy of the following products/brands/organisations: (1) Indian Railways, (2) Wakefit (mattresses), (3) Statue of Unity, and (4) Yogabar (protein bars).
- Explain various stages in industry life cycle with examples from passenger vehicles industry in India, with specific comments regarding (1) Product, (2) Pricing, (3) Distribution, and (4) Promotion strategies of market leaders in the current stage of the passenger vehicles industry in India.
- a. Explain low cost strategy and differentiation strategy, highlighting 3 key differences between the two strategies, and two supporting examples from Indian FMCG/Retail sector for each strategy.
- b. The Finance Minister, India announced reduction in corporate tax rates in Sep-2019; why is it important for companies in Indian FMCG/Retail sector, and what are 5 ways (with examples of companies) in which leading companies in the sector can benefit from the development from the point of view of Marketing Strategy?