Logistics Management-NMIMS Solution
June 2020 Assignment solution
1. Many multinationals are now committing to sustainable development growth (SDG) due to the recent global climate change and global warming. Discuss with relevant examples how Green Manufacturing can be incorporated in logistic planning.
2. What are your recommendations for a successful channel strategy decision that may help your organization be highly competitive and maximize its profit? Give examples.
3. A consumer product distributer has a chain of retail outlets. The warehouse and its stores upkeep are dependent highly on the fluctuating consumer requirement. Only for 20 to 30 % of the time the full warehouse space is fully utilized (during peak demand). Most of the other time utilization around the year is less than 70%.
a. According to you, what warehouse strategy should be adopted to improve its warehouse utilization? (5 Marks)
b. Briefly summarize the economic benefits of warehouse. (5 Marks)
Solution Status: Inprocess. Confirm before purchase nmims solution
- BigDeal is an online retailer. Recently it found its inventory management was hopelessly in trouble. Materials Department noticed most of the inventory problem are due to poor warehouse management. The warehouse was poorly organized and there was no proper identification of inventory. What will be your advice to the warehouse manager on codification of selective inventory control?
- SELMORE is a consumer product distributer with a chain of retail outlets. They are in the process of designing the distribution channel for their new territory. How will you guide them in their channel strategy decisions? (10 Marks)
- The demand for a product in each of the last five months is shown below.
Month 1 2 3 4 5
Demand (’00s) 13 17 19 23 24
a. Use a three month moving average to generate a forecast for demand in month 6. (5 Marks)
b. What are the four components of time series analysis which needs to be first evaluated, extracted and interpreted so as to make it understandable? (5 Marks)