Answer the below mentioned questions
Q1) Copyright infringement and piracy are huge threats to crowdsourcing. What measures are present to tackle them? How important is protection of data in cyber security?
Q2) In the name of Cyber security, certain companies are being harassed i.e., RIM is asked to give access to its servers. How do you take this?
Q3) What do you suggest a person must do, the actions he/she must take, in order to ensure security of personal information at places like cyber cafe?
Q4) What are the latest technologies in the field of mobile security? Explain
Q5) Is security platform dependent? As it is heard microsoft is more vulnerable compared to Linux? Explain in Brief.
Q6) What are the security threats in Social Networking?
Q7) What are the emerging and future technologies that we will have to worry the most about from a security perspective?
Q8) How should an organization think about cyber defense? What are the limits of a ‘perimeter-oriented’ security posture?
Q9) How can we build a safer cyber world?
Q10) What is the role of government in securing cyberspace?
take help from distpub.com
10 Multiple Choice Questions (10 marks)
Q2: Considering commerce and marketing, which of the following present the most significant obstacle to developing IT security?
- a) There is no direct return on investment in building security systems
- b) Security systems are detrimental to usability and can make IT systems less functional, and therefore less attractive to the consumer
- c) There is pressure to reduce the time it takes to get a new IT product or system onto the market, so security systems are sacrificed in order to reduce the time-to-market
- d) All of the above
Q2: Threats to IT systems can be classified in many ways; which of the following would be classified as a ‘Failure’?
- a) Security systems were not adequate to protect the system against attack from a hacking group, and sensitive data was lost.
- b) There is a programming error in the software which causes the system to perform badly
- c) All of the above
- d) The IT system has failed due to a random unexpected event, such as a tsunami which destroys key electronic equipment.
Q3) When did the Cyber Security discourse emerge? (When did politicians, academics, and other agents begin to talk seriously about cyber security?)
- a) 1970s
- b) 1990s
- c) 1960s
- d) 1980s
Q4) What is the referent object in contemporary cyber security?
- a) Digitalized sensitive information
- b) Critical Information Infrastructures
- c) Government IT systems
- d) Telecommunication networks
Q5) In terms of cyber security, what is meant by ‘resilience’ and why is it important?
- a) Resilience refers to the ability of an IT system to identify and defend against a cyber-security threat,
- b) The only way to build a truly resilient IT system is to ensure that it can repel all types of threat and remain and avoid attack.
- c) Resilience in an IT system refers to its ability to function when there are no threats to its security.
- d) Resilience refers to the ability of IT systems to recover from attack.
Q6) Which of the following concepts does NOT form part of the Technical discourse on cyber security?
- a) Business networks
- b) Computer experts
- c) Anti-virus industry
- d) Computer networks
Q7)What is ‘malware’?
- a) A virus or worm
- b) A Trojan horse
- c) A hacker tool
- d) A corrupted program
Q8) What is meant by the term ‘cyber-crime’?
- a) Any crime that that uses computers to jeopardise or attempt to jeopardise national security
- b) The use of computer networks to commit financial or identity fraud
- c) The theft of digital information
- d) Any crime that involves computers and networks
Q9) Which of these is an effective way of securing against cyber threats?
- a) Complete eradication of threats,
- b) Ensure that the severity of cyber war as a threat is recognized, and that instances of cyber warfare are identified, publicised, and acted upon immediately.
- c) All of the above
- d) Acceptance that there can be no absolute security, instead design resilient IT systems and build international cooperation and information exchange in order to reduce threat and increase resilience.
Q10). …………….. are used in denial of service attacks, typically against targeted web sites.
- A) Worm
- B) Zombie
- C) Virus
- D) Trojan horse