Interview MCQ Set 1
1. What provides a periodic voltage waveform?
a) sweep generator
2. Visible spot must be moved in _______
a) two directions
b) one direction
c) three directions
d) four directions
3. Spot is displayed only when _______
a) frequencies are different
b) frequencies are zero
c) frequencies are same
d) voltage is high
4. What is done to make the trace horizontal?
a) negative voltage is applied
b) positive voltage is applied
c) no voltage is applied
d) voltage is synchronised
5. A single cycle appears on the screen when _______
a) sweep and signal frequencies are equal
b) sweep and signal frequencies are not equal
c) sweep and signal frequencies are zero
d) sweep frequency is greater than signal frequency
6. Sinusoidal voltage is not observed on the screen.
7. What is flyback period?
a) voltage is very high
b) current is very low
c) voltage is zero
d) current is very high
8. During trace time, voltage is decreasing with time.
9. Light produced in a screen is _______
a) disappears immediately
b) does not disappear at all
c) is not visible to the eye
d) disappears slowly
Interview MCQ Set 2
1. Which of the following is not a valid run-level
2. On Linux, initrd is a file
a) Containing root file-system required during bootup
b) Contains only scripts to be executed during bootup
c) Contains root-file system and drivers required to be preloaded during bootup
d) None of the mentioned
3. Which is loaded into memory when system is booted?
4. The process of starting up a computer is known as
a) Boot Loading
b) Boot Record
c) Boot Strapping
5. Bootstrapping is also known as
a) Quick boot
b) Cold boot
c) Hot boot
d) Fast boot
6. The shell used for Single user mode shell is:
7. Single user mode shell runs as
a) Admin user
b) Root user
c) Normal user
d) Log user
8. Which is the only partition mounted in Single user mode
9. Which daemon manages the physical memory by moving process from physical memory to swap space when more physical memory is needed.
a) Sched daemon
b) Swap daemon
c) Init daemon
d) Process daemon
10. At the end of kernel bootstrap, which process is started?
11. The process id of init process is:
12. Which file is read by init to get the default runlevel
Interview MCQ Set 3
1. In a CAD package, mirror image of a 2D point P (5, 10) is to be obtained about a line which passes through the origin and makes an angle of 45° counterclockwise with the X-axis. The coordinates of the transformed point will be
a) (7.5, 5)
b) (10, 5)
c) (7.5, -5)
d) (10, -5)
2. In a CNC program block, N002 G02 G91 X40 Z40…, G02 AND G91 refer to
a) Circular interpolation in counterclockwise direction and incremental dimension
b) Circular interpolation in counterclockwise direction and absolute dimension
c) Circular interpolation in clockwise direction and incremental dimension
d) Circular interpolation in clockwise direction and absolute dimension
3. For generating Coons patch we require
a) A set of grid points on surface
b) A set of control points
c) Four bounding curves defining surface
d) Two bounding curves and a set of grid control points
4. NC contouring is an example of
a) Continuous path positioning
b) Point-to-point positioning
c) Absolute positioning
d) Incremental positioning
5. The tool of an NC machine has to move along a circular arc from (5, 5) to (10, 10) while performing an operation. The center of the arc is at (10, 5). Which one of the following NC tool path commands performs the above mentioned operation?
a) N010 G02 X10 Y10 X5 Y5 R5
b) N010 G03 X10 Y10 X5 Y5 R5
c) N010 G01 X5 Y5 X10 Y10 R5
d) N010 G02 X5 Y5 X10 Y10 R5
Tool-radius compensations make it possible to program directly from the drawing, and thus eliminate the tool-offset calculation G41 (G42) Dxx Dxx: the radius of tool to compensate is saved in a memory unit that is named Dxx G41/G42 is directly related with direction of tool movement and which side of part is cut.
6. During the execution of a CNC part program block NO20 GO2 X45.0 Y25.0 R5.0 the type of tool motion will be
a) Circular Interpolation – clockwise
b) Circular Interpolation – counterclockwise
c) Linear Interpolation
d) Rapid feed
7. In a 2-D CAD package, clockwise circular arc of radius, 5, specified from P1 (15,10) to P2 (10,15)will have its center at
a) (10, 10)
b) (15, 10)
c) (15, 15)
d) (10, 15)
8. In an NC machining operation, the tool has to be moved from point (5,4) to point (7,2) along a circular path with center at (5,2). Before starting the operation, the tool is at (5, 4). The correct G and M code for this motion is
a) N010 G03 X7.0 Y2.0 I5.0 J2.0
b) N010 G02 X7.0 Y2.0 I5.0 J2.0
c) N010 G01 X7.0 Y2.0 I5.0 J2.0
d) N010 G00 X7.0 Y2.0 I5.0 J2.0
9. In computer aided drafting practice, an arc is defined by
a) Two end points only
b) Center and radius
c) Radius and one end point
d) Two end points and center
10. In finish machining of an island on a casting with CNC milling machine, an end mill with 10 mm diameter is employed. The corner points of the island are represented by (0, 0), (0, 30), (50, 30) and (50, 0). By applying cutter radius right compensation, the trajectory of the cutter will be
a) (-5, 0), (-5, 35), (55, 35), (55,-5), (-5,-5)
b) (0,-5), (55,-5), (55, 35), (-5, 35), (-5,-5)
c) (5, 5), (5, 25), (45, 25), (45, 5), (5, 5)
d) (5, 5), (45, 5), (45, 25), (5, 25), (5, 5)
Interview MCQ Set 4
1. Information is required to describe an object.
2. Which of these terms do not need a definition?
3. A definition usually consists of ___ statement(s).
4. A definition consists of how many parts?
5. A definition excludes everything which is unimportant.
6. Which of these must be eliminated by a writer while defining?
7. Which of these is a representation of an object drawn by lines?
8. A _____ is a representation of an object on another surface.
9. What does LASER stand for?
a) Light Amplification of Stimulated Emission of Radiation
b) Light Amplification of Stimulated Emission by Radiation
c) Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation
d) Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission by Radiation
10. Thermostat is a combination of ___ and ___
a) therm, ostat
b) thermo, stat
c) therm, stat
d) therms, tat
Interview MCQ Set 5
1. Computational resources can facilitate the analysis of bacterial genomes.
2. Telomeres hold newly replicated daughter chromosomes together.
3. Prokaryotic genomes commonly have tandem repeats of sequences and include introns in protein-coding genes.
4. The sequences of satellite DNA fall into different types, each with a different repeat unit of length _____
a) 5–400 Mbp
b) 3–300 kbp
c) 6–900 Mbp
d) 5–200 bp
5. Most of the repetitive DNA is found near the open ends of chromosomes.
6. Minisatellites are made up of repeat units of up to ____ and microsatellites compose of repeat units of ____ or less.
a) 25 bp, 10 bp
b) 70 bp, 6 bp
c) 80 bp, 9 bp
d) 25 bp, 4 bp
7. In nondividing cells, a mixture of lightly and darkly stained chromosomal regions called euchromatin and heterochromatin respectively, are observed.
8. Genes that are transcribed are located in the ______
c) heterochromatin and euchromatin
d) tightly bound DNA
9. ______ can comprise a large proportion of the eukaryotic genome as______
a) transposable elements, single copy sequences
b) transposable elements, repetitive sequences
c) macrosatellite DNA elements, single copy sequences
d) satellite DNA elements, single copy sequences
10. (transposable elements) TEs have the potential to _____ in number until they comprise a ____ proportion of the genome sequence.
a) decrease, large
b) decrease, micro
c) increase, micro
d) increase, large