1. Which of the following applications/software can be used to create a favicon?
b) Adobe Photoshop
Answer: b [Reason:] To create a favicon, we can use any graphic editor program in the market such as Adobe Photoshop or Fireworks.
2. By default, iOS adds ____________ effects to icons.
a) reflective shine
b) square corners and reflective shine
c) rounded corners and reflective shine
d) apple trademark
Answer: c [Reason:] Most of these icons are beautifully designed, and after Apple introduced a new meta tag named apple-touch-icon you can now display website icons on the iOS home screen when you bookmark a site.
3. Favicon stands for
a) Fav icon
b) Favorite icon
c) Both a and b
d) None of the above
Answer: c [Reason:] A favicon also known as a shortcut icon, Web site icon, tab icon or bookmark icon, is a file containing one or more small icons, associated with a particular website or web page.
4. Which attribute is used for favicon?
Answer: c [Reason:] The syntax is
<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="favicon.ico" />
5. Which image file format is not supported in Firefox?
Answer: c [Reason:] There are two possible reasons for this: a simple mistake in the SVG file, or a misconfigured server.
6. The favicon was standardized by the
Answer: b [Reason:] The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is the main international standards organization for the World Wide Web (abbreviated WWW or W3).
7. In 2003, the .ico format was registered with the ____________
Answer: a [Reason:] In 2003, the .ico format was registered with the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) under the MIME type image/vnd.microsoft.icon
8. The recommended basic size for a favicon is ___________ pixels
d) both a and c
Answer: d [Reason:] The favicon is supposed to be a set of 16×16, 32×32 and 48×48 pictures in ICO format.
9. In March 1999, Microsoft released Internet Explorer 5, which supported favicons for the first time.
Answer: a [Reason:] It was used in Internet Explorer’s favorites (bookmarks) and next to the URL in the address bar if the page was bookmarked.
10. A favicon is an image used by the browser to identify a website or web application.
Answer: a [Reason:] Browsers that provide favicon support typically display a page’s favicon in the browser’s address bar (sometimes in the history as well) and next to the page’s name in a list of bookmarks.