Multiple choice question for engineering
1. The moisture content of the aggregate shall not exceed from ____________
a) .1% – .5%
b) 1% – 55
c) 10% – 50%
2. Which one is not the polymeric resin?
a) Polyester resin
b) Epoxy resin
c) Vinyl ester resin
3. Higher resin dosage is recommended when using ________
a) Coarse aggregate
b) Fine aggregates
c) All in one aggregates
d) More cement
4. Steel fibers helps in the enhancement of its properties. True or False?
5. The addition of glass fibers are in the range of __________
6. Concrete is not recommended to be placed at a temperature below __________oC.
7. IS: 7861 part-2 deals with
a) Hot weathering concrete
b) Cold weathering concrete
c) Air entertained concrete
8. Why the time period for removal of form work has to be increased.
a) The development of strength of concrete is retarded compared with development at normal temperature
b) The development of strength of concrete is accelerate compared with development at normal temperature
c) The development of strength of concrete is advanced compared with development at normal temperature
d) The development of strength of concrete is precocious compared with development at normal temperature
9. If concrete is exposed to repeated freezing and -thawing after final set, the final qualities of the concrete may also be
10. Large temperature differentials within the concrete member may promote
a) Elastic shrinkage
c) High workability
d) Good strength
11. When the concrete in fresh stage is exposed to freeze before certain pre-hardening period, compressive strength may get
a) Increased to 50%
b) Decreased to 50%
c) Increased to 25%
d) Decreased to 25%
1. What is not the condition for the equilibrium in three dimensional system of axis for cable subjected to its own weight?
2. The assumptions for the calculations are done for the cable subjected to its own weight. In that one of the assumption is that the cable is ___________
3. The magnitude of the resultant of the two vectors in calculations for cable subjected to its own weight is always:
a) Greater than one of the vector’s magnitude
b) Smaller than one of the vector’s magnitude
c) Depends on the angle between them
d) Axis we choose to calculate the magnitude
4. In the diagram given below, coordinates of D is (1, -2, 2), C (-2, 0, 0) and B are as shown. The dark region is the cables holding the weight of 600N at origin. Find the tension in the AD section.
5. Cable subjected to its own weight takes a shape of a ____________ when is subjected to loadings.
d) Complex figure
6. The force on the cable subjected to its own weight is not neglected in the calculations of the load distribution.
7. Determine the value of the q, parallel to the z axis. That is the point of intersection of the projections of the points A, B and C parallel to the xy plane. With the distance between the tri-section point and the points A, B and C be equal to 0.6m.
8. The assumptions for the calculations are done for the cable subjected to its own weight. In that one of the assumption is that the cable is flexible and the other is that the cable is ___________.
9. Due to which property the cable subjected to its own weight, it offers no resistance to bending?
a) Extensible property
b) Non-flexible property
c) Flexibility property
d) Static property
10. The tensile force acting on the cable subjected to its own weight is in which direction w.r.t the cable?
d) At an angle of 2 radians
11. The cable weight become significant in the calculations of the loadings when the cable subjected to its own weight are used in the transmission lines and guys for radio antennas.
12. The loading in the cable subjected to its own weight doesn’t changes the ___________ of the cables.
c) Bending moment
d) Point at which the shear stress is zero
13. If the unknown variables in the calculations are more than the known quantities, then the number of equations required to solve all the unknown variables are for cable subjected to its own weight?
c) Not possible
d) Question fault
14. For calculations involved for cable subjected to its own weight all the vectors quantities obey :
a) Parallelogram law of addition
b) Parallelogram law of multiplication
c) Parallelogram law of addition of square root of their magnitudes
d) Parallelogram law of addition of square of their magnitudes
15. If two equal vector forces are mutually perpendicular in the cable subjected to its own weight then the resultant force is acting at which angle as compared to one of the vector?
a) 45 degree
b) 90 degree
c) 180 degree
d) 0 degree
1. The __________ the aggregate, the ________ is the magnitude of creep.
a) Stronger, more
b) Weaker, more
c) Stronger, less
d) Weaker, less
2. The _________ the modulus of elasticity the _________ is the creep.
a) Higher, more
b) Lower, more
c) Higher, less
d) Lower, less
3. A ________ paste structure undergoes ________ creep.
a) Good, high
b) Poor, high
c) Good, average
d) Poor, low
4. Creep is _________ to the strength of concrete.
c) Directly proportional
d) Inversely proportional
5. The rate of creep rapidly ________ with time.
c) Doesn’t affect
d) Depends on the temperature
6. Aggregates with moisture movement and _________ elastic modulus cause a _________ amount of creep.
a) High, higher
b) Low, lower
c) High, lower
d) Low, higher
7. The rate of creep generally _________ with the _________ of the size of aggregates.
a) Increase, increase
b) Decrease, decease
c) Increase, decrease
d) 2.5, 12mm
8. What is elastic strains?
a) These are the instantaneous deformations that occur when an external stress is first applied
b) These deformations occur either on loss of moisture from the concrete on cooling of concrete
c) It is the time-dependent deformation that occurs on the prolonged application of stress
d) Any one or combinations of the above types of deformations in a hardened concrete leads to cracking.
9. Static modulus of elasticity of concrete has been related to its
a) Tensile strength
b) Compressive strength
c) External strength
d) Applied force
10. Coefficient of thermal expansion of concrete is ________ coefficient of thermal expansion in aggregates.
a) Directly proportional
b) Inversely proportional
d) More than
1. Quality management system _________ perception of customers towards company.
2. Good quality construction _________ the wastage of materials, smooth function of the team.
c) Doesn’t effect
3. Quality control helps to ___________ the risks of overdesign that ___________ the overall cost.
a) Maximize, Increase
b) Minimize, Increase
c) Maximize, Decrease
d) Minimize, Decrease
4. It opens the area of improvement for quality construction rationally based on the documents from __________ projects.
5. Quality of construction activities will be tracked by quality management documents
6. It __________ job-site concrete handling, curing, sampling and testing procedures
7. Minimize cost of repair and maintenance of the structure.
8. The concrete mix should be designed in the laboratory with the materials to be used on site.
1. How can we prevent cracks in concrete structures?
a) Due to heavy load
b) Low w/c ratio
c) Settlement of structure
d) High water cement ratio
2. What is the maximum w/c ratio?
3. Which can be the possible option for cracking in the building?
a) Due to light load
b) Low w/c ratio
c) Temperature difference
d) Gain of water
4. Is it possible to have 0% crack in our building?
c) May be
d) Can’t be determined
5. Plastic shrinkage cracking occurs in ________ hours after placing.
6. Which one can’t be the reason for the shrinkage of concrete?
a) W/c ratio
c) Cement content
7. Evaluation of cracks ________ be determined before cracking.
d) Depends on the structure
8. Evaluation of cracks _________ be determined after cracking.
d) Depends on the structure