IGNOU Solved assignment
1. Why is the Central Processing Unit (CPU) is called the “Brain” of the Computer? What are the components of a CPU? What factors affects the speed of a computer?
2. Define data and information. What is the difference between the two? What are the main characteristics of information?
3. What are the types of inventory management systems? Define them and partition them into further classes. Also, briefly explain each subdivision.
4. How can you use the Web as a data source for your data warehouse? What types of information can you get from the Web? Explain briefly the steps needed to ensure that only good quality, reliable data is loaded into the data warehouse from the Web.
5. What are expert systems? Mention the working principles of expert systems. Also discuss how knowledge can be represented in expert systems.
6. Write short notes on any three of following:
(a) Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID)
(b) Polymorphic viruses
(c) Business software solutions firm Microsoft
(d) Features of JAVA.
(e) Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)